[Trillian-users] [RCC-Announce] RCC's Morse Hall Lenharth Data Center full Power-off on Tuesday 7/30/18 from 6am-10am

mlm mlm at sr.unh.edu
Fri Jul 12 17:53:36 EDT 2019

We are required to check the Emergency Power Off (EPO) button in the
machine room every few years.  We discovered problems in the October
2018 EPO test, which have now been addressed.  A number of outside
vendors have been scheduled for the Tuesday morning of 7/30/18.  We
expect the majority of systems operational on or before  10am.

The Morse Hall network is no longer runs out of the Lenharth Data Center
(LDC), so wired and wireless networking should not be interrupted.
There are a number of services provided by LDC servers that may
significantly affect your desktop systems. Common services include: NIS
servers, storage server mounts, and email servers.

The HPC servers and some non-production hardware will be shutdown at the
close  of business on Monday 7/29.  RCC staff will begin graceful
shutdown of all  remaining systems around 6:30am on Tuesday 10/30.  RCC
staff will bring systems back online and check functionality as soon as
the tests and repairs have been completed.  We expect to start powering
up systems by 9am.

We encourage you to double check late Tuesday morning to verify the
services you use are functioning correctly.  Please let us know what to
check for you if you will be unavailable on Tuesday.

There is no perfect time to power down the data center.  We hope that
giving more than a weeks notice and starting during our normal early
morning maintenance window provides the least impact possible.

During the shutdown we will update the UNHRCC twitter feed.
     https://twitter.com/UNHRCC

*Robert E. Anderson*UNH RCC Associate Director
rea at sr.unh.edu <mailto:rea at sr.unh.edu>
603 862-3489 <tel:603 862-3489>