[Trillian-users] RCC's Morse Hall Lenharth Data Center full Power-off on Tuesday 10/2/18 from 6am-10am

Robert E. Anderson rea at sr.unh.edu
Mon Sep 17 18:29:28 EDT 2018

We are required to check the Emergency Power Off button in the machine room
every few years.  A number of outside vendors have been scheduled for Tuesday
morning.  We expect the majority of systems operational on or before  10am.

There will be brief disruption of all Morse Hall wired network services
between 6:30 and 7am.  The Morse Hall wired network should be back online by
7am.  The campus wireless network will not be affected by our work on 10/2.

The HPC servers and some non-production hardware will be shutdown at the close
of business on Monday 10/1.  RCC staff will begin graceful shutdown of all
remaining systems around 6am on 10/2.  RCC staff will bring systems back
online and check functionality as soon as the tests and repairs have been
completed.

We encourage you to double check late Tuesday morning to verify the services
you use are functioning correctly.  Please let us know what to check for you
if you will be unavailable on Tuesday.

There is no perfect time to power down the data center.  We hope that giving
two weeks notice and starting during our normal early morning maintenance
window provides the least impact possible.

During the shutdown we will update the UNHRCC twitter feed.
(https://twitter.com/UNHRCC)

Robert E. Anderson -- (603) 862-3489
Associate Director -- UNH Research Computing Center
http://www.unh.edu/research/rcc