[Trillian-users] [RCC-Announce] Scheduled data center shutdown July 27, 2016

Patrick Messer patrick.messer at unh.edu
Fri Jul 22 16:42:41 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder of Mark’s earlier email regarding the shutdown of the RCC data center shutdown on July 27th.

Thanks,

pfm

*********

We are scheduling another shutdown of the Morse Hall data center to
correct a safety issue with our emergency power off system.

All the servers in the data center will be powered off except those needed to keep the network working for Morse Hall.
This includes the Cray(trillian) and the new HPC(premise), also the EOS/RCC mail server and web servers.

Access to the campus email server(exchange.unh.edu <http://exchange.unh.edu/>) and outside web sites is expected to continue.

It will be on July 27th starting at 7:30am and should be completed by 12PM. We have two outside companies
coming in to do the work so if this date interferes with a critical deadline
or project please let us know asap so we can reschedule it for another day.

Please email ops at sr.unh.edu <mailto:ops at sr.unh.edu> with any questions.
Patrick Messer
Director, Research Computing Center <http://www.unh.edu/research/support-units/research-computing-center>
(603) 862-2889