[Trillian-users] qsub question

Kai Germaschewski kai.germaschewski at unh.edu
Sat Jan 31 21:39:15 EST 2015

In simple cases, it should be possible to just do

aprun -n 1 ./job1 &
aprun -n 1 ./job2 &
aprun -n 1 ./job3 &
wait

I think Kris at some point helped Hyun-Ju with pretty much the same
problem, not sure what their solution was, though.

--Kai

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Jimmy Raeder <J.Raeder at unh.edu> wrote:

> that should help:
>

> On Jan 31, 2015, at 6:35 PM, "Gorby, Matthew" <Matthew.Gorby at unh.edu>
> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm having an issue figuring out how to submit this job properly, maybe
> someone can help.
>
> I have a serial code which only needs one process to run, but I need to
> run it hundreds of times with slightly different inputs.  I would like to
> use one full node and have 32 serial processes running at the same time.
> Is there a way to let PBS know that what I'm submitting should be run on
> one node with thirty two processes but each process be executed by its own
> command?
>
> like a:
>
>  #PBS -l serial
>
> ./executable input1 &
> ./executable input2 &
> ./executable input3 &
> ./executable inputN
>
> type thing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Matt

> Joachim (Jimmy) Raeder
> Professor of Physics, Department of Physics & Space Science Center
> University of New Hampshire
> 245G Morse Hall, 8 College Rd, Durham, NH 03824-3525
> voice: 603-862-3412  mobile: 603-502-9505  assistant: 603-862-1431
> e-mail: J.Raeder at unh.edu
> WWW: http://mhd.sr.unh.edu/~jraeder/tmp.homepage

Kai Germaschewski
Associate Professor, Dept of Physics / Space Science Center
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH 03824
office: Morse Hall 245E
phone:  +1-603-862-2912
fax: +1-603-862-2771