[Trillian-users] trillian downtime Friday Jan. 10 2014

Mark Maciolek mlm at sr.unh.edu
Tue Jan 7 17:17:36 EST 2014

hi,

Trillian will be offline Friday 1/10/2014 from 6:30am until early
afternoon.

Work being done at the Philbrook chiller plant requires the Lenharth
Data Center be switched to the Morse Hall Rooftop Chiller on Friday
morning from 7am until noon. The current Morse Rooftop Chiller does not
have the capacity to handle the entire Lenharth Data Center.  To
reduce the load we will be shutting down Trillian at 6:30am on Friday
January 10 .  Trillian will come back online when the Data Center is
switched back to the Philbrook Chiller Plant.

In April 2014 a 'new' 100 ton Morse Rooftop Chiller is scheduled to
be installed.  This new chiller will extended the Morse Rooftop
Chiller capacity to handle a full Lenharth Data Center load, including
the Cray.  Looking forward into the near future we expect events like
this to have no impact.

Mark