[Trillian-users] Installing Maker on Trillian

Matthew MacManes matthew.macmanes at unh.edu
Tue Apr 1 07:00:31 EDT 2014

Hello,

I would like to install 'Maker' (a program for genome annotation) on
Trillian. While I have been able to install other things successfully, this
one is giving me difficulties. There are a large number of dependencies
(many non-standard Perl modules), and compiling with MPI support is more
complex than usual. For instance, Maker needs mpicc - when I give Maker the
Cray 'cc', it fails.

Would somebody else be able to help me out? It seems like the addition of
MPI to this program (I currently run only pthreaded version on my
workstation) is going to help alot:
http://gmod.org/wiki/MAKER_Tutorial_2013#MPI_Support

The program and dependencies are described here:
http://gmod.org/wiki/MAKER_Tutorial_2013#Installation

Thanks a lot, Matt
*Matthew MacManes*, Ph.D.
University of New Hampshire  I  Assistant Professor
Department of Molecular, Cellular, & Biomedical Sciences
Durham, NH  03824
Phone: 603-862-4052  I  Twitter: @PeroMHC <https://twitter.com/PeroMHC>
Web: genomebio.org
Office: 189 Rudman Hall I Lab: 145 Rudman Hall