[Shine-participants] Second Announcement - IAU Symposium 335: Space Weather of the Heliosphere: Processes and Forecasts

Claire Foullon C.Foullon at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Feb 23 15:25:50 EST 2017

    Registration is now open for IAUS335, Space Weather of the
    Heliosphere: Processes and Forecasts. The symposium will be held at
    the University of Exeter, UK, from 17 - 21 July 2017.

Space weather is increasingly recognised as an international challenge
faced by several communities. The ability to understand, monitor and
forecast the space weather of the Earth and the heliosphere is of
paramount importance for our high-technology society and for the current
rapid developments in knowledge and exploration within our Solar System.

We invite you to register today
<http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/registration/> to discuss this
important area of research and to:

  * Contribute to scientific sessions
    <http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/scientific-program/> and one of
    two round tables.
  * Take part in a poster competition
    <http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/scientific-program/posters/> for
    young scientists as an applicant or as a judge.
  * Attend a half-day excursion to the Norman Lockyer Observatory
    <http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/scientific-program/scientific-excursions/>.
  * Take part in optional scientific tours, including the UK Met Office
    <http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/scientific-program/scientific-excursions/>.
  * Join in with our parallel Education Program
    <http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/education-program/>, featuring
    public talks and workshops for schools and teachers.
  * Contribute to and receive dedicated Conference Proceedings
    <http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/scientific-program/proceedings/>
    afterwards.

This is a two-stage registration process. The deadline for the
submission of abstracts and for financial support is 27 February 2017.
The deadline for early registration is 20 April 2017.

Specific details including the confirmed lists of invited speakers
<http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/scientific-program/invited-speakers/>,
registration and accommodation, abstract submission, financial support,
updated information about location, scientific excursions, social
events, and travel can be found on the symposium website
<http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335/>.

We look forward to welcoming you in Exeter this year!

On behalf of the IAU Symposium 335 Organising Committees,

The Scientific Organising Committee:
Claire Foullon (Chair), Olga Malandraki (Co-chair), Zouhair Benkhaldoun,
Francesco Berrilli, Anil Bhardwaj, Allan Sacha Brun, Norma Bock Crosby,
Sergio Dasso, Alina Donea, Hans Haubold, Hermann Opgenoorth, Patricia
Reiff, Kazuo Shiokawa, Ilya Usoskin, Jingxiu Wang, David Webb

The Local Organising Committee:
Claire Foullon (Chair), Mitchell Berger (Co-chair), David Jackson
(Co-chair), Mark Baldwin, Alice Mills, David Strange

Contact us:
Email: iaus at exeter.ac.uk,
Website: www.exeter.ac.uk/iaus335
Twitter: #iaus335 @iaus335

This event is kindly supported by:
Lead sponsor: International Astronomical Union (IAU)
Co-sponsors: RAS, VarSITI, STFC Astronomy, EGU, COSPAR, IAGA, CUP, IoP
Plasma Physics, DK Books, AFOSR (tbc).
Further sponsorship opportunities are available.

--
Dr Claire Foullon
IAUS335 Main Organiser |iaus at exeter.ac.uk
University of Exeter, Devon, UK