[Shine-participants] SHINE Newsletter, August 2016

DE NOLFO, GEORGIA A. (GSFC-6720) georgia.a.denolfo at nasa.gov
Thu Aug 11 16:39:43 EDT 2016

SHINE Newsletter, August 2016

Dear SHINE participants,

The SHINE Steering Committee would like solicit feedback on two important surveys:
1) SHINE Workshop Survey, and 2) Portfolio Review Survey.

We look forward to hearing from each of you and thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Georgia de Nolfo
georgia.a.denolfo at nasa.gov<mailto:georgia.a.denolfo at nasa.gov>

———————————————————————————————-
———————————————————————————————-

1) The first survey provides an opportunity for feedback on this year’s SHINE workshop and also an opportunity to express your ideas for next year’s workshop in 2017.   Even if you do not plan to organize a session next year, we would like to encourage you to share your ideas; there is an open-ended question at the end of this survey soliciting suggestions for the 2017 Workshop.

You can send us your thoughts on the 2016 Workshop and/or your suggestions for the 2017 Workshop through the following link:

SHINE 2016 Survey:  https://goo.gl/forms/viDRRTY1SCdHMsnH3

Please provide feedback before the deadline of September 15, 2016.

2) The second survey is soliciting feedback on the recent Portfolio review of the Geospace Section of the Division of Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences of NSF.  The Portfolio review can be accessed at :
http://www.nsf.gov/geo/adgeo/geospace-review/geospace-portfolio-review-final-rpt-2016.pdf<https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nsf.gov/geo/adgeo/geospace-review/geospace-portfolio-review-final-rpt-2016.pdf&sa=D&ust=1470842974870000&usg=AFQjCNH5uY_juhiXZuQdmMRsV1Hm0tEX4g>

The report summarizes activities of Geospace Sciences community, and provides recommendations for programmatic expenditures through 2025, in anticipation of flat funding at NSF.  While the review is rather long, we would like to bring your attention to both the executive summary (pages 1-4) and the Recommended Portfolio (Chapter 9), specifically Table 9.1 and Figure 9.1.

The report will be reviewed soon by the National Research Council.  The SHINE steering committee has been given the option to provide feedback from the SHINE community prior to the NRC review.  Information from this survey will be kept confidential and a summary of your responses will be provided to the NRC.

We’d like to encourage you to take the time to read the portfolio review and answer just three survey questions pertaining to the review at the following link:

Portfolio Review:  https://goo.gl/forms/bWfXZvRE9V1BK7PH3

The Portfolio Review panel needs feedback from this survey before August 30, 2016.