[Shine-participants] CCMC Student Research Contest

Evans, Rebekah Minnel (GSFC-671.0)[OAK RIDGE ASSOCIATED UNIVERSITIES (ORAU)] rebekah.e.frolov at nasa.gov
Tue Mar 25 16:39:17 EDT 2014

Thanks,
Rebekah

CCMC Student Research Contest

The Community Coordinated Modeling Center (CCMC) and National Science Foundation (NSF) are pleased to announce the third annual CCMC Student Research Contest!

We invite undergraduate and graduate students who are using (or have recently used) CCMC tools and services in a research project or as a part of coursework to enter the contest. Any students who participated in the first or second contest and are still involved in space research - we encourage you to submit a report on your new work!

A successful project could involve the use of CCMC tools to demonstrate a physical process or concept in new and creative ways, or to gain new understanding of one of the many unanswered questions in space physics. Please see the website (http://ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov/support/contest-2014/) for more information.

Winners in these categories will be invited to present their work at the 2014 CEDAR, GEM, and SHINE workshops. A fixed amount of travel support will be awarded (exact amount to be determined). Deadline for report submission is May 1, 2014. The reports will be evaluated and winners will be announced by mid May.

Rebekah M. Evans Frolov, Ph.D.
NASA Postdoctoral Fellow
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Solar Physics Lab, Code 671