[premise-users] Premise nodes available and pending jobs

Tavares De Oliveira Melo, Arthur Arthur.TavaresDeOliveiraMelo at unh.edu
Fri Jun 2 13:36:35 EDT 2017

Hi Tony and all Premise users,

I hope this message finds you well.

I was wondering how the premise nodes distribution works. I mean, out of 14 nodes available at premise, there are an amount specific for COLSA users? I'm asking because today morning I tried to launch a job (#6914) and until now the status is PD (pending) and the reason is "Resources". If I'm correct it means the job is waiting for computer resource. Rigth? Also, using "squeue" to monitoring the job I can see only 8 nodes being use. Initialy I supposed the COLSA users can not access the entire premise resources available (14 nodes). What is not clear to me is yesterday I submitted a job (#6867) and it runned and completed normaly. So, I'm not unerstanding why my job #6914 is pending since 9 am.

Thank you very much.

Best,

Arthur

Arthur Melo
Bioinformatician Postdoctoral Researcher
University of New Hampshire | College of Life Sciences and Agriculture
http://www.unh.edu/halelab