[premise-users] Extended Premise Downtime for Lustre Upgrade

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Tue Apr 25 11:31:38 EDT 2017

There will be extended Premise downtime during the week of May 8th while
Seagate is here to upgrade the lustre appliance to the latest software. Since
this will involve backing up, removing, and restoring all the data currently
on the lustre, cleaning up as much as possible will help speed up the process
significantly. We ask that by May 5th, you clean up any files you can.

>From what we know so far, the lustre reconfiguration will start on Monday
morning and should take until at least Thursday morning to complete. We can
then start restoring the data which, based on the initial rsync backup time,
will take another several days to complete. We're hoping Premise will be back
and fully operational by Monday, May 15th.

We will keep you updated as we know more.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |