[Nessc] NESSC Meeting on April 17 on the Cycle 24 Mini Max

David Webb david.webb at bc.edu
Fri Mar 7 10:05:58 EST 2014

Dear NESSC Colleagues;

The next NESSC meeting will be on Thursday, April 17 at the Institute for Scientific Research at Boston College, Newton Campus. The topic of the meeting is "The Cycle 24 Mini Maximum". We will discuss the peculiarity of our cycle and its implications in terms of solar activity, solar wind, magnetic field (both solar and heliospheric), solar energetic particles, galactic cosmic rays and possibly geomagnetic impacts.

The local organizer is Dave Webb and the organizing committee is myself <n.schwadron at unh.edu<mailto:n.schwadron at unh.edu>>, Chuck Smith <Charles.Smith at unh.edu<mailto:Charles.Smith at unh.edu>>, Merav Opher <mopher at bu.edu<mailto:mopher at bu.edu>>, David Webb <david.webb at bc.edu<mailto:david.webb at bc.edu>>, John Raymond <raymond at cfa.harvard.edu<mailto:raymond at cfa.harvard.edu>>, and Nick Murphy <namurphy at cfa.harvard.edu<mailto:namurphy at cfa.harvard.edu>>.

Please email us if you are interested in presenting a talk, with a tentative title. Details on the agenda and how to get to BC will be provided after April 1.

Regards,
Dave Webb
LOC

David F. Webb
ISR, Boston College
Kenny Cottle, 106A, 885 Centre St.
Newton, MA 02459
Tel: 1-617-552-6135; Fax: 1-617-552-0227
Email: david.webb at bc.edu