[Nessc] Diagnostics in Laboratory, Heliospheric, and Astrophysical Plasmas

Nick Murphy namurphy at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 18 12:49:09 EST 2014

Dear colleagues,

The New England Space Science Consortium (NESSC) <http://nessc.unh.edu/> and
the Plasma Science and Fusion Center <http://www.psfc.mit.edu/> (PSFC) at
MIT will be hosting a one-day meeting on Diagnostics in Laboratory,
Heliospheric, and Astrophysical Plasmas.  The meeting will be held at the
Plasma Science and Fusion Center at MIT in May 2014.

The idea for this meeting came out discussions following the NESSC meeting
on Turbulence in Laboratory, Heliospheric, and Astrophysical Plasmas held
last semester.  There are many places where the principles and applications
of plasma diagnostics cross over among our different areas of research, and
exploring these connections is of interest.

We would like your input for selecting the date in May 2014 for the
meeting.  Please add your name to this scheduling
poll<http://doodle.com/5b36hr5rbczfvxug> if
you would like to attend.

The final date will be announced by the end of February, after we have
collected the results of the poll.

If you would like to make a presentation at the meeting, please email a
title and abstract to Anne White (whitea at mit.edu) and Nick Murphy (
namurphy at cfa.harvard.edu) by March 15th 2014.

Regards,

Nick Murphy (CfA)