[Isocops] IBEX Goat Herder for 19 July 2023

Perry, Timothy E [US] (SP) Timothy.Perry at ngc.com
Wed Jul 19 13:35:42 EDT 2023

All,

   Today's contact was failed due to a high error rate for both VCID0 & VCID2 data. I will try to schedule up some extra contacts for the next orbit to try and recover some of the lost data from todays contact. The contact had to be cut short due to power constraints. The contact was originally scheduled to run prior to the beginning of the planned inertial maneuver. Since we lost the dump contact on the last orbit, this contact was extended for an extra hour. Unfortunately, this meant that we would be in communications during the turn on of the cat bed heaters. This was too much for the battery to handle. During second hour the cat bed heaters turned on and power started to drop. The transmitter was turned off @16:07:29 GMT to conserve power. The next orbit's view period for high rate down link is a lot longer than this orbit. The plan is to schedule a couple contacts to recover the lost data.

    At AOS it was noted that the star tracker had reset in the back orbit. The latch errors and FDC totals were reset and the star tracker in operating nominally.

Timothy E.Perry
CRS IBEX OCO-2
Mission Operations
timothy.perry at ngc.com<mailto:timothy.perry at ngc.com>