[Isocops] IBEX Goat Herder for 15 & 16 August 2022

Perry, Timothy E [US] (SP) Timothy.Perry at ngc.com
Tue Aug 16 00:20:34 EDT 2022

All,

     We completed the series of 3 USAK01 contacts for testing changes to improve our tracking data. During the USAK01 contact 15Aug22 @18:00 I set the spacecraft clock and the star tracker spin rate jumped to 30.2 rpm. This value stayed there for the duration of the pass. On the following USAK01 pass @20:30 we changed the Kalman filter input to ground command and set the values to zero and disabled the star tracker input. Using just the static Z rate the spin rate started to come down but it never settled out. On the final pass of the night USAK01 08/16/22 at 02:30 we enabled the star tracker spin rate and disabled the static z rate and the value stabilized at the 4.177 spin rate and residuals were low. We changed the Kalman filter input back to STA_PCT_VAL and the ACE looked nominal. We watched it for the duration of the pass and it stayed solid.

Tasks Accomplished:

SSR Dump -> Dump New

Set Spacecraft Clock

Reset FDC Totals

Reset 18 Day timer

CAR # 1258 Orbit 579 ATS uplink

   IBEX_2022_237_o0579a_v001 98 commands

CAR 1257 Redump Orbit 576 SSR Data – Dumped 17136 blocks of 26390 blocks

    Will dump the rest on the next orbit

Star tracker issue troubleshooting

Results from the Inertial Maneuver:
Q1 -0.48704600 ActNor.EstInrToBdy[0]