[Isocops] Space Weather Alert

ngangold at earthlink.net ngangold at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 11 14:32:53 EDT 2017

Hi Sheral and Tim,

Following a discussion on today’s IBEX SOC call, we would like to add a couple of contacts between now and the apogee contact on September 16 in order to monitor the count rates measured by the Hi instrument. If they are extremely high, we would take the contingency action of executing the Payload Descending commands to go to HVSTANDBY voltage levels.

Please look into adding a contact in the 24 hour period starting 254:20:00:00 i.e., Monday-Tuesday and another one on Tuesday-Wednesday.

Once we’ve scheduled a contact, we need to notify Paul Janzen so that he can monitor in real time.

Thanks,
Nigel