[Isocops] May 20th

Ken Fairchild fair-play at comcast.net
Wed May 11 10:54:28 EDT 2016

All,

On May 20th the main chiller plant at UNH will be offline. In theory, the rooftop backup chiller should take over and we won't even know that the primary chiller is offline. However, over the last couple of months we've switched to the rooftop chiller several times (for no apparent reason) and it has either failed to start automatically (requiring manual intervention) and/or has failed after several hours. They've been working on correcting problems with the unexpected failovers as well as the problems with the rooftop unit. However, we may still lose chilled water on May 20th especially if we have an unseasonably warm day.

Ken