[Isocops] FW: IBEX Goat Herder 3 Jun 14

Reno, Michelle mreno at swri.edu
Tue Jun 3 15:38:00 EDT 2014

Hey payload folks,

Just a heads up that this contact failed because the direct line between USN & the MOC is down. There is the potential for delay in getting it back up & running.

The Thursday morning Hi Gain Test is still on deck. If the lines are still down we will cancel the gain test in the 'pre-pass' meeting scheduled for 9:15 am Eastern Thursday morning.

I know this is the last opportunity for the test to be performed in time to have the CEM D new voltage tested prior to creating the ATS for orbit 251, the first orbit of Map 12 and the orbit where the CEM voltage changes will begin. I also recognize that we are running out of prime heliospheric viewing opportunities and it is becoming increasingly difficult to identify timespans within ground view that are not in the magnetosheath.

We will make every effort to get the lines up and running quickly so we do not need to re-plan the test.

Thanks,
Chelle

--
Chelle Reno