[Isocops] IBEX Orbit# 148 ATS v001 - approve.

Mark Tapley mtapley at swri.edu
Sat Nov 19 11:17:00 EST 2011

All,
	partial sign-offs (everything to date is completed) for the
Apogee and Perigee sun-point maneuvers. The checklists are a little
out-of-date, as they refer to the requirement for an early Descend
macro from when we had only one maneuver per orbit and that was a
sun-point. With our current two sun-points per orbit, the sun angle
never exceeds 5 degrees (less, in fact, than our normal inertial
pointing maneuver) baseline, so it's no longer necessary to do an
early descend.

	I note that according to the oef, we should have Star Tracker
coverage between

2011-12-08T11:48:43.167Z,StarTrackerOutageStop,orbit:148,dueTo:moon

2011-12-09T20:03:38.592Z,StarTrackerOutageStart,orbit:148,dueTo:moon

during the second half of the orbit. It might be nice to have a
contact scheduled for that time, to verify via star tracker that the
apogee sun-point maneuver worked.

	Of course, we should still be able to verify this by CSS
anyway with the apogee contact we already have so adding a contact
would be kind of excessive caution, but I thought I'd mention it.

	Boy do we have a lot of stuff going on this orbit! Battery
balancing, -Lo gain test, not one but two sun-points. In the future,
it might be better to space things out a little.

--
						- Mark     210-379-4635
Large Asteroids headed toward planets

				Think of it as Evolution in Fast-Forward.