[Isocops] IBEX CEU SOH check for Orbits 111-116

Mark Tapley mtapley at swri.edu
Mon Mar 14 15:47:22 EDT 2011

IBEX instrument teams,
	and finally, about to catch up.
	Orbit 114 was of course (in the words of Arte Johnson) "very
interesting".
	LO_PAC_CM appears to be creeping very slowly upward. This
wouldn't be much of a concern, except that its yellow limit is set
pretty close to its nominal value and it has covered a noticeable
fraction of the distance to the yellow limit. I assume we have that
limit set conservatively, but we should keep an eye on this.

--------------------------------

	For Orbit 111, spin phase is totally off during first 1/3 of orbit.
HI_COL_POS_I has some slightly elevated readings just before
turn-off. Nothing like as big as the turn-on transients, though.
LO_PAC_CM shows a spike into the yellow range at turn-on. The nominal
current for this monitor is closer to the yellow limit than it used
to be as well. Orbit 37 average current was ~23 Amp (mislabelled,
mAmp?, Orbit 111 average ~24 Amp., vs. a yellow limit of 25 Amp.
Similarly, POS_7_5V_CEU_SWITCH_I has gotten lower by maybe one LSB
and is now closer to its yellow low limit.
LO_MCP_VM has a "fuzz" pattern for the first half-day and after day
4.5. This is reflected in POS_12V_CEU_SWITCH_I.

	For Orbit 112, spin phase is totally off during first 1/2 of orbit.
LO_PAC_CM shows a spike into the yellow range at turn-on, again.

	For Orbit 113, spin phase is totally off during almost whole
orbit, less a few brief periods at beginning, end, and day 5 or so.
LO_MCP_VM has fuzz at beginning and end (also in
POS_12V_CEU_SWITCH_I), and 3 drop-outs - usually there is only 1 or
so dropout.

	For Orbit 114, spin phase is tricky. It looks like it's
tracking an artificial rate for the first half of the orbit, then
picks up correct values for a while in ~ day 4, then no data for the
rest of the orbit. ACS data is consistent with no data for first 4
days, then steadily worsening solutions, but with steadily improving
data. Could be related to our large off-pointing during this period.
CEU_TEMP3 and CEU_TEMP4 are about 5 C higher than normal, possibly
due to off-pointing. They recover to normal at the end of day 7.
HI_TEMP3-5 are also about 5 C above nominal, returning after the
repoint maneuver, as is HVPS_AD590. Other temp monitors show similar
patterns.
Many monitors reflect shut-down at beginning of day 6.
HI_COL_POS_I clearly shows photoelectron production, starting day 2
and increasing steadily through the re-pointing maneuver. We could
probably refine our maximum allowable off-pointing angle based on the
exact pointing day 2.2 or so when the photoelectrons started. The
current looks cyclical with (presumably) spin period or some beat
frequency with that and the sample rate. LO_LV_CM and LO_LV_VM
reflect the currents in HI_COL_POS_I. HI_COL_POS_V does not react, so
the HVPS was not over-drawn to produce those currents. LO_COL_POS_I
shows a similar pattern but not until ~ day 6; its sun-shade may
tolerate a higher sun angle. LO_TOF_POS_5CM shows a noise pattern
starting day 3 and running to shut-down.
HI_INNER_ESA_V cycles a few times at the end of day 6, after the
shut-down. Did we mean to do this?
LO_PAC_CM shows a spike into the yellow range at turn-on, again.

	For Orbit 115, spin phase looks OK for the first 2 days and
the last 3 days, but off in between.

	For Orbit 116, spin phase looks OK throughout.
HI_CEM_4_I shows a step discontinuity at day 4.7 or so. That
corresponds to th the voltage step we commanded, which also shows in
HI_CEM_4_V.

	All else looks nominal.

--
					- Mark