[Isocops] Razor, Checklist Rev 4 & Approve : IBEX Orbit# 124 ATS (5-13 May 11)

Reno, Michelle mreno at swri.edu
Wed Apr 27 09:58:42 EDT 2011

Hey Tim,

I think you were referring to the timeline for o123, when you produced the ATS. That was the delivery lead time we agreed to, thank you.  o124 was delivered midday yesterday for approval before BOB today.

Please open a razor on this. We have agreed in multiple ground segment meetings that the ATS should be delivered around apogee. Just agreeing on it again does not seem to be enough. I want to track it as a reoccurring issue.

- Rushing the process increases the chance of errors in generation and missing errors during the approval process.
- Late delivery does not allow much time for iteration if needed.
- Late delivery does not allow time for investigation into unknowns (such as the o80 eclipse that showed up as a power violation in the ccvr).

We have an orbit that is over a week long. The ephem generated from the ascending apogee contact is as accurate at the post-apogee ephem. There is no reason delivery cannot be earlier, as agreed to multiple times.

Thanks,
Chelle

Chelle Reno
Austin Mission Consulting