[Isocops] [Ibexops] IBEX APL Contact DOY 109 @ 1300 UTC

Marissa Intelisano mintelisano at applieddefense.com
Tue Apr 19 10:58:11 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

Today's APL descending apogee contact failed for Doppler. There was an issue
with the cortex that prevented any Doppler from being collected and they are
looking into this issue now. Unfortunately this means that we haven't had a
successful contact for Doppler since the AUWA P/D contact on 12 Apr. This
will affect how the next few sets of INP2s will be generated.

   - New INP2s based on the 12 Apr AUWA contact will be delivered by 5pm
   Eastern today to use for tonight's USAK contact.
   - I will process the USAK contact at 02:15 UTC tonight real time
   - Assuming the USAK contact is successful, I will generate *new* INP2s
   that will be delivered prior to the HAW02 contact at 08:00 UTC. These INP2s
   will also cover the 13:00 UTC USHI01 contact tomorrow.

New INP2s after the USAK contact tonight are necessary because our checks
show that our in-track uncertainty at perigee (the HAW02 is scheduled around
2.25 Re) is not contained entirely within the station antenna's field of
view. A newer ephemeris with USAK data will eliminate this issue. I will
send out status emails for the contact and the INP2s tonight.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Marissa
IBEX FDG

Marissa Intelisano