[Isocops] [Isocdev] Killex code change

DeMajistre, Bob Bob.DeMajistre at jhuapl.edu
Fri Jun 25 12:02:50 EDT 2010

Sorry, for the confusion. I'm looking at qmulti_mono_80.sh, which I assume
is the script that does monoenergetic maps. Without spending a bunch of time
tracking stuff down, it's not obvious to me what this script is wrapping.
Can throw a breadcrumb or two to lead me to the processing chain for the
maps (no so much shell scripts as binaries)?

Bob

On 6/25/10 11:03 AM, "Geoff Crew" <gbc at space.mit.edu> wrote:

>> I havent reproduced the math in detail, but for those looking for
>> fine spatial structure in the flux_cg data, the double averaging
>> used by flux_calculate looks like a lot like a triangular smooth
>> (regardless of the selection of ogrid_delta).  Because of this, I
>> believe that the spatial resolution of the monoenergetic maps is
>> somewhat courser than the instrument spatial resolution.
>
> Which is all true, except that the flux_cg product isn't normally used
> to generate the monoenergetic maps--the normal procedure doesn't need
> to do the regrid to regularly spaced bins.   (I.e. flux_cg was created
> for the IDL savesets, primarily.)

Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.