[Isocops] Backups

Joe Peterson joe at boulder.swri.edu
Tue Jun 22 15:01:30 EDT 2010

I'd say so too, especially since we have an "off-site" backup with
SwRI.  On that note, and it is not urgent (i.e. no need to discuss
now, just on back burner), we should eventually rsync the *svn repo*
itself (not a checked out working copy) to SwRI just as a backup but
not for normal use.

-Joe

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 12:47, Nathan Schwadron <nschwadron at mac.com> wrote:
> Hi Ken
> I think the standard backups at UNH and the backups to SwRI is enough.
> Nathan
> On Jun 22, 2010, at 2:45 PM, fair-play at comcast.net wrote:
>
> All,
> The backups done by RCC are full backups once a week with incrementals
> daily.  The charge is $1.50/Gb.
> At the moment they have no capacity for additional backups.  I'm sure they
> will add extra capacity (I can probably even try to expedite that).
> However, at the moment the backups are all done and retained in the computer
> room.  That means that the backups will be in the same room as the machines.
>  This probably isn't the best scenario if we want some insurance against a
> problem in the room itself.
> Evidently they are thinking of developing a small scale backup capability at
> a UNH building about a mile away but there's no estimate of when that might
> be done.  They also use a third-party, Crashplan, for backup of one system.
>  I have no idea if that would be an option for us.
> Ken
> Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.
>

> Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.

Joe Peterson                            Southwest Research Institute
Mission Operations                      Department of Space Operations
303-546-9677                            1050 Walnut Street, Suite 300
joe at boulder.swri.edu                    Boulder, CO  80302