[Isocops] swena

Joe Peterson joe at boulder.swri.edu
Tue Jun 22 09:24:48 EDT 2010

All good news, Ken!  Let's see what we hear from IT about the drive.

-Joe

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 07:13, Roland Vanderspek <rvdspek at bu.edu> wrote:

> Ken,
> I suggest we approach the situation as systematically as possible.  If we
> step through the checklist - - install a tarball, turn on cron jobs, etc. -
> - most of these things will be rung out in the course of things.  Of course,
> check basic I/O between machines first...
> Roland
> On Jun 22, 2010, at 08:57, Nathan Schwadron wrote:
>
> Hi Ken
> Great! Could we run some tests with the existing system to demonstrate that
> operations are possible, data products go to the web and so forth. I know
> this is risky with a failing disk, but I thin we should go for it anyway.
> Nathan
> On Jun 22, 2010, at 8:05 AM, fair-play at comcast.net wrote:
>
> All,
> Although the system drive on swena needs replacement, I decided I'd see if I
> could make any progress:
> 1. Found that ibexops already exists on swena.  Discovered the password and
> updated our document.
> 2. Noticed that 4.0 was already on swena.  Did the following:
> cd /usr/local/IBEX/ops/tarpit
> dist-install.sh
> It failed.
> 3. Checked the log and discovered that gnuplot and texi2dvi weren't on the
> system.
> 4. Installed both (looks like the repository had exactly the same versions
> that we have on ena).  The packages were gnuplot and texinfo-tex (brought in
> dialog, tetex and tetex-fonts as well).
> 5. Retried
> dist-install.sh
> 6.  Everything passed.
> Ken
>
> Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.
>

> Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.

Joe Peterson                            Southwest Research Institute
Mission Operations                      Department of Space Operations
303-546-9677                            1050 Walnut Street, Suite 300
joe at boulder.swri.edu                    Boulder, CO  80302