[Isocops] Notes from migration telecon

Joe Peterson joe at boulder.swri.edu
Mon Jun 21 16:19:38 EDT 2010

Hmm, IDL is always a problem (it's the damn FlexLM that is the real issue).  ;)

What we did was buy a fixed license for our remote backup SOC for NH.
Doing long-distance license checkout, well, is maybe not the best idea
- depending especially how often it has to run.  And usually $2500 is
no big deal on these kind of projects, but who knows.

-Joe

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 14:16, Roland Vanderspek <roland at space.mit.edu> wrote:

> Indeed.  Maybe that's one of the things that goes away when BU goes up in flames.  It's something that Ken will have to deal with at UNH regardless, though:  maybe the IDL server should move there sooner.
>
> Roland
>
> On Jun 21, 2010, at 16:12, Geoffrey B. Crew wrote:
>
>> One thing you'll need to worry about in the transition that
>> wasn't on the list is IDL licenses (currently served from ena).
>

> Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.

Joe Peterson                            Southwest Research Institute
Mission Operations                      Department of Space Operations
303-546-9677                            1050 Walnut Street, Suite 300
joe at boulder.swri.edu                    Boulder, CO  80302