[Isocops] Notes from migration telecon

Roland Vanderspek roland at space.mit.edu
Mon Jun 21 16:10:58 EDT 2010

Some scribbled notes from the migration telecon:

Ken (or Joe) confirmed that we can do an svn checkout from swena
Ken will install the v3.3 tarball on swena to look for configuration gotchas, missing yum updates, etc.
Once v4.0 is available, we'll install on all machines and look to transferring routine grinding from gbc's tree to the official tree (/usr/local/IBEX on ena).
The ibexops account on ena will slowly take over from the gbc account.  Ken will start by examining the crontabs and migrating them from gbc to ibexops.
Joe will make an ibexops account on swena
Ken will investigate making a nightly build on swena
Joe or Ken will investigate sending mail from swena to the rest of the worlds
We might want to change the id names from id-leops/base to something else when running on swena.  There are pros and cons, which we'll discuss Thursday
Ken and Joe will keep us apprised of progress via email to isocops.

If I missed anything, please add it to the list.

Roland