[Isocops] Access to SwRI from UNH

Joe Peterson joe at boulder.swri.edu
Mon Jun 21 11:57:52 EDT 2010

Well, there are two potential problems with doing this:

1) Unless it is done surreptitiously, it's against the San Antonio
rules to have one machine as a relay where many people access swena.

2) The produces a single point of failure - it's ok for testing, but
in practice, it's best not to rely entirely on the UNH network for the
function of both SOCs, since the backup then is not truly a backup if
the UNH net has problems.

-Joe

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 09:08,  <fair-play at comcast.net> wrote:
> All (and probably Joe in particular),
> I've been told that atlas.sr.unh.edu (132.177.247.98) is a good candidate
> for a machine we can use to access the SwRI computers.
> Ken
>
> Please restrict discussions on this email list to non-ITAR sensitive topics.

Joe Peterson                            Southwest Research Institute
Mission Operations                      Department of Space Operations
303-546-9677                            1050 Walnut Street, Suite 300
joe at boulder.swri.edu                    Boulder, CO  80302