[Isocops] Upcoming Star Tracker Outages

Reno, Michelle mreno at swri.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:46:30 EST 2010

Hello,

We have entered the season of long star tracker outages. These orbits require substantial despinning.
Summary of Star Tracker Outages through o115 is below.

These predictions are conservative - they use the 100% valid mark as the start/stop threshold. The ACS system produces valid quaternions using the measured data down to 22% valid, a combination of measurements and a static rate measured after the re-pointing maneuver until 18% valid, and the static rate below 18% valid.

For example - using the 100% valid mark places all of orbit 109 in an outage. Using the 25% valid mark shows a period of 3 days in the middle of the orbit that are not in an outage. %valid report through orbit 115 is attached.

Orbit 109 & 113 have outages at perigee. For these orbits we will perform sun-pointing maneuvers, which will result in slightly non-standard pointing for orbits 110 & 114.

Orbit

Earth/

Start Time
(100% valid)