[HubbardBrookISE] ISE Meeting today at 10:00 am EST

Josette Chen chen at atmosresearch.com
Mon Mar 2 10:25:40 EST 2015

Here is a quick email to summarize what I talked about for the Ice Storm update.

We had a meeting to set direction of the research and came up with the following:

- The variables to consider will be at different air pressures. The variables will be air temperature, specific humidity and geopotential height
- The changing climatology in the days before and during the ice storm will be treated as a pattern recognition problem.
- Once a pattern is found, then algorithms can be developed to look for the changing patterns
- These algorithms will be tested on NARR data to test efficiency

The data has been extracted and currently working on data visualization in Matlab. Will update with any figures as they become available.

Best,
Josette