[HubbardBrookCOS] LTER Network announcements

Mary Martin Mary.Martin at unh.edu
Tue Jan 23 10:24:55 EST 2024

This message was sent last week to hubbardbrookgrads. I think the general listserv may be too broad, so please
forward to staff who might be interested. I think that there will be some interesting and new bits of information on the
community call for even seasoned LTER participants!  This first call is "most appropriate for investigators, students, and staff who are new to the network, but all are welcome"

Hubbard Brook Grads,

In case you missed these announcements in the HB Monthly or LTER Network Newsletter, this is just an extra reminder (links are near the bottom of this message).

The Community Forum is a great place to start a conversation with others in the network - there are a few things that have come up in the Information Management category that I would never have known about if not for the forum. There may be similar postings related to your work. Registration is easy, and you won't be bombarded with messages - it's not that active yet, but it could be if we all participate!

The second item is that the first LTER Community Call will happen next week (Jan 24). These calls are relevant to LTER participants in all roles. We're all familiar with what is happening at Hubbard Brook through newsletters and quarterly meetings, but you don't want to miss out on opportunities to be involved at the LTER Network level. This first Community Call is on January 24 at noon ET and is "an orientation to the sites, science, and structure of the LTER Network as well as ways to connect with colleagues and get involved. It will be most appropriate for investigators, students, and staff who are new to the network, but all are welcome."
I'll be there - hope you will be, too.
Mary

News from the LTER Network Office:

Join the NEW LTER Community Forum! Filtering through information about the 28 LTER sites can be overwhelming when you're looking for people, research methods, and experiences relevant to your project or idea. This new forum<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001X-GcDtnn5E4KsA2-gF7qiol7iwPBODT3IiwO445YVKwNwj-LuUGobiUCPElL2WAr-Kmdl-IIA5OhfDRaCwxERbNpvhUGnGHhkYJHYcqyfLQyNEsVxl51Z5m1ChCRpNG4SU3bC-M7T41lDq_BmVwf4jB3QbOlmpncPtgdW1gncQetGPZnmglrbnzsXwBXsTJ1ACBGkbGIiyw=&c=i4RpHKVnfNrDDbDRib9DU1CRjJy_b-Nzw_2UR-UY2KroRNu7Q68rPg==&ch=qIlQbMeaQbPHZkPgKhuBM2Zw_u6AlnuUWu-fTYp0-fgYyaaeCSD2EQ==> can help you navigate the wealth of knowledge and connections available to you in the LTER Network. Register to connect with your peers from other sites!

LTER Community Calls are another new initiative from the LTER Network starting in January 2024. These open discussions will focus on community-proposed topics. Learn more or propose a topic here<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001X-GcDtnn5E4KsA2-gF7qiol7iwPBODT3IiwO445YVKwNwj-LuUGobiUCPElL2WArUyGu3tNtZ8WH03x6_ch3a5cqeqN8TCYrSujgLe1AIRQmKVv7d2tIqe7yb8KWU28YKBrBiL3i0oDemRQzC0hGUlxEUSrPXo1ij8MvSAuqwMXy_rh0822DKA==&c=i4RpHKVnfNrDDbDRib9DU1CRjJy_b-Nzw_2UR-UY2KroRNu7Q68rPg==&ch=qIlQbMeaQbPHZkPgKhuBM2Zw_u6AlnuUWu-fTYp0-fgYyaaeCSD2EQ==>.