[HubbardBrookCOS] Hubbard Brook on Slack

Sarah Garlick sgarlick at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Thu Apr 9 14:15:32 EDT 2020

Hi everyone:

I wanted to pass along a few more notes about Slack:
(1) You don't have to download the desktop or mobile app if you don't want
to. You can access the platform via your browser.
(2) You can configure your notifications
<https://slack.com/help/articles/360042339754-Guide-to-email-notifications#configure-your-notifications>
so you get an email if anyone sends you a direct message or mentions you in
a note.
(3) If you're writing a note in a public channel and you want to make sure
specific people see it, tag their names in the note using the @ character
and selecting their names.

The main function we had in mind when we set up this Slack workspace was as
a message board for people to post their research plans and needs,
especially for field work, in the hopes of improved coordination. Groups
could use Slack before they fill out the Critical Research Form that
just went out to coordinate plans and needs, or we may find the platform
useful once more activities get going.

If it doesn't end up being helpful, that's also okay!

I hope you all are well.
Best,
Sarah

sgarlick at hubbardbrookfoundation.org