[HubbardBrookCOS] Invitation: Jan 2019 COS meeting

John BATTLES jbattles at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 7 16:09:12 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Attached please find the draft agenda for the January 2019 COS meeting at
the Cary Institute on January 3-4 (Thursday-Friday).  The Thursday
afternoon topic (Jan 3) is: *Evaluating the effects of multiple interacting
disturbances in northern hardwood forests. *On Friday (Jan 4) we will
consider the question: *Why is the nitrogen cycle misbehaving? *We will
also discuss preparations for the June 2019 NSF Mid-Term Review.

We will send the final agenda later in the month.

Please use the link below to RSVP

RSVP link <https://form.jotform.com/83243967086164>

Unfortunately, no Cary Institute housing will be available during this
period.  The following are alternative housing options in the area.

*Cottonwood Motel <https://www.cottonwoodmotel.com/>* in Millbrook, NY (1
mile from the Institute)

*Days Inn
<https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/days-inn/poughkeepsie-new-york/days-inn-poughkeepsie/overview?CID=LC:DI::GGL:RIO:National:16491&iata=00065402>*
 in Poughkeepsie, NY (12 miles from the Institute)

*Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel <http://pokgrand.com/>* in Poughkeepsie, NY (14
miles from the Institute)

*The Sharon Country Inn <http://www.sharoncountryinn.com/>* in Sharon, Ct
(17 miles from the Institute)

We look forward to seeing you in January.

Regards

John Battles and Pam Templer

SCC co-chairs

--