[HubbardBrookCOS] New Hubbard Brook Website - now online

Mary Martin mary.martin at unh.edu
Wed Aug 16 10:10:44 EDT 2017

COS Members,

A message from Mary Martin and Sarah Garlick.

We invite you to view the newhttps://hubbardbrook.org
<https://hubbardbrook.org> website at your earliest convenience.
We have transferred much of the material from the original site with a
bit of repackaging, and we've
added some new features.

Some Highlights:

- *HB researcher profile pages* - Our goal is to have a profile for each
COS researcher, grad student,
postdoc, and technical/admin staff. These initial profiles carry over
the content from the old site. Please
check your page, and send any corrections/additions to Mary. Note that
these pages are no longer as CV-ish as
the old pages were - most folks have a home institution page with that
detailed information. Please send me
a link to your home institution page and/or a direct link to your CV if
it isn't there already. Also note that the publications
are not entered manually into your profile - the pub list on your page
is generated directly
from the HB publication database. If you notice missing HB pubs, please
send information on those to Mary.
Not all grads have responded to the request for profile  page
information (sent 2x to grad listerv) - if you have
students you would like to see on the site, please give them a nudge,
and ask them to send their profile information.

- Much of the information that you used to find under 'Overview' has now
been incorporated (and updated!) into the
*'Synthesis of Scientific Research at Hubbard Brook'* (under the
Research tab). This is what we've been calling
the 'online book', which is an effort led by Tim Fahey to develop
topic-based chapters covering the work at
Hubbard Brook. You will also see a list of forthcoming chapters. Please
keep in mind that we hope this content
will be dynamic, to be updated with your contributions as new research
results emerge.

- *Hubbard Brook Research Foundation* website content has now been
integrated into this single website for Hubbard Brook.
You will now find Science Links publications, Roundtable reports,
Educational materials, and donation instructions under the main tabs.

-*Research Highlights, Events, and News* can all be added very easily in
this new website structure. A subset of this
content has been moved to the new site, and we look to you for updated
content to keep this site fresh and timely.
If you had a research highlight on the old site, please consider
updating to reflect your current work/results/publications - send text
and photos
to Mary for your research highlight page. For event announcements, and
Hubbard Brook 'in the news', please contact either
Mary or Sarah to get this information online.

- Note that the *Hubbard Brook Twitter* feed is displayed in the left
sidebar of the home page. Contact Sarah if you have
news to tweet, and keep an eye on this twitter feed - the HB tweeters
are doing a great job of highlighting items of interest.

We hope you enjoy the new website. Please help us make this a better
site by contributing new content, and by letting us know if you find
issues in the current content that need to be addressed.

Mary Martin
mary.martin at unh.edu

and

Sarah Garlick