[HubbardBrook] Hubbard Brook Quarterly Project Meeting - January 3-4, 2024 - LTER Proposal Discussion

Templer, Pamela ptempler at bu.edu
Tue Jan 2 10:07:51 EST 2024

Dear Hubbard Brook Community,

At tomorrow’s Quarterly Project Meeting, we will spend the afternoon leading a discussion about our 2022 LTER Proposal Submission and the upcoming NSF Mid-Term review in 2025. We’d love to get your feedback about how the proposal preparation process went and what we can do to improve it for our 2028 proposal submission.

Please find attached the 2022 LTER proposal we submitted and the reviews we received from NSF.

For those of you unfamiliar with this process, we apply to NSF for funding every 6 years from their LTER (Long-Term Ecological Research) Program. These six-year grants don’t fund everything at Hubbard Brook, but the support we’ve received from NSF to date has allowed us to maintain many of our long-term data records, as well as other critical work. We’re happy to answer any questions you have.

We look forward to seeing you and having a great discussion!

All the best,
Pam and Peter

Pamela Templer, PhD (she/her)
Professor and Chair, Department of Biology
Director, BU URBAN Program

Boston University, Department of Biology
5 Cummington Mall, Boston, MA 02215
617-353-6978
http://people.bu.edu/ptempler/
http://sites.bu.edu/urban/