[HubbardBrook] HB Spring Appeal - Input Needed!

Vanessa Johnson vjohnson at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Fri Mar 24 10:50:51 EDT 2023

Hello!

I would love your input on the HBRF Spring Appeal that will be going out
next month. It's become a tradition to feature HB science as part of our
spring fund drives and, in the past, we've set campaign deadlines to
coincide with the canopy closing and the first Black-throated Blue Warblers
fledging.  To give this year's appeal Hubbard Brook flare, we'd love to
know about the signature sounds of your science at HB as the spring and
summer unfold.

This appeal will feature the sounds of HB and our emerging audio sampling
programs. The opening will be Northern Spring Peepers in April and closing
will be Northern Long-eared Bats as summer begins.

To make the appeal as powerful as it can be, the focus should be on the
science whenever possible (i.e., recordings or sounds that are specific to
scientific studies).

What I’m looking for:

- photos, audio files, scientific facts, stories about peepers at HB

- A third species to focus on for the May timeframe: species, photos, audio
files, how it relates to/is being studied at HB, timing of when you hear
that sound at HB

- any other fun anecdotes of what sounds remind you of spring at HB

Thank you to those I have already spoken with for everything you have
shared!

You can email me at vjohnson at hubbardbrookfoundation.org

--
*Vanessa Johnson *(she/her)
*Director of Development*

Office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am-2:30 pm

Support the Hubbard Brook Research Foundation
<https://hubbardbrook.org/hubbard-brook-research-foundation/support/#>