[HubbardBrook] contact info and information request

Sarah Garlick sarahgarlick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:40:19 EDT 2023

Dear colleagues,

I may be wrapping up my last day on staff at HBRF, but I hope to continue
to be an active member of the Hubbard Brook community. In that spirit, I
wanted to pass along my personal email so you all can stay in touch:
sarahgarlick at gmail.com.

I also have a request! I remember years ago, during a Quarterly Project
Meeting, John Battles talking about the "theory of hope" approach to
scientific impact — the idea that you write a paper for a scientific
journal and you hope that a manager or decision-maker finds it and applies
it to practice. *Please send me your "theory of hope" papers! *If you have
papers, datasets, or other products that you hope conservation
decision-makers in New Hampshire know about and actively consult, please
send them my way, ideally by May 1. I hope to begin my first day at The
Nature Conservancy with an in-box full of important science...

With my best wishes always,
Sarah

Sarah Garlick
North Conway, New Hampshire