[HubbardBrook] This Monday - HBRF Co-Hosting Virtual Discussion at the Intersection of Climate Change, Affordable Housing, and Climate-Smart Wood Products

Anthea Lavallee alavallee at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Thu Apr 28 09:17:17 EDT 2022

Good morning, Hubbard Brook! Join us if you can for a conversation that
weaves together several hot topics. The potential to coordinate across
sectors is exciting!

Anthea

Virtual Youth Forum on Climate-Smart Affordable Housing in New England

Join lawmakers and leaders in forest products, clean energy, and housing
for this lively discussion on building affordable housing in New England
with clean energy technology and climate-smart forest products.

New federal funding for infrastructure creates the potential to invest in
climate- and energy-smart construction that meets our housing demand,
boosts our forest-based economy, and protects our climate - all at the same
time! Join us for a special conversation at the intersection of climate,
forests, and housing focused on building sustainable, affordable, equitable
housing using regionally-sourced climate-smart wood products and
cutting-edge clean energy technology.

Panelists: Forest Products: Jameson French, President and CEO, Northland
Forest Products, Inc.

Housing: Carmen Lorentz, Executive Director, Lakes Region Community
Developers

Policy: Ann Kuster, U.S. Congresswoman, New Hampshire’s 2nd District

Clean Energy: Madeleine Mineau, Chief Operating Officer, Essex Hydro

Student moderators: Bea Burack, Dartmouth College ‘25; Tim Hoheneder,
University of New Hampshire, Ph.D. candidate; Allan Rubio, Dartmouth
College ‘23

When: May 2, 2022, 12 PM – 1 PM (via Zoom)

Register here:  Emerging Climate Leaders
<http://emergingclimateleaders.org/previous-events/upcoming-event/>

Co-hosted by the Emerging Climate Leaders Collaborative (ECLC). ECLC
partners are the Hubbard Brook Research Foundation; the League of
Conservation Voters; Revers Center for Energy, Sustainability and
Innovation at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College; and
Sustainable Futures Consulting.

- xxx -

--
Anthea Lavallee (she/her)