[HubbardBrook] time-sensitive student opportunity

Sarah Garlick sgarlick at hubbardbrookfoundation.org
Mon Apr 11 08:19:15 EDT 2022

Good morning,

HBRF and partners, as part of the Emerging Climate Leaders Collaborative,
are leading a Virtual Youth Forum on Climate-Smart Infrastructure on
Monday, May 2 from 12:00-1:00 pm eastern. Please see details below.

We are seeking two students (undergrad or graduate) from New England to
serve as moderators for the event. Student moderators will receive
one-on-one training and will share the virtual stage with the expert
panelists. Interested students, please send me an email (
sgarlick at hubbardbrookfoundation.org) with your contact information and a
short video (<1 min) introducing yourself (name, school, a few words about
why you are interested). Videos may be attached via email or uploaded to this
Google Folder
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PSGUpss67lGHwpduVpR7HUHnWM8nuNFL?usp=sharing>
.

All inquiries need to be received *by 5:00 pm eastern this Wednesday, April
13*. The prep session for student moderators will be held during the
evening one day next week (week of April 18). Please share this opportunity
with your students.

Thank you,
Sarah

*About the Live Public Event*
*May 2, 12:00-1:00 pm via Zoom*

*Virtual Youth Forum on Climate-Smart Infrastructure*
*Building Affordable Housing in New England with Forest Products that
Capture Carbon and Clean Energy Technology*

Join lawmakers and leaders in forest products, clean energy, and housing
for this lively discussion.

New federal funding for infrastructure creates the potential to invest in
climate- and energy-smart construction that meets the housing demand,
boosts our forest-based economy, and fights climate change - all at the
same time! Join us at the intersection of climate, forests, and housing for
a conversation about this special opportunity to build sustainable,
affordable, equitable housing using locally-sourced climate-smart wood
products and cutting-edge clean energy technology.

--
Sarah Garlick   *she/her*
Director of Science Policy and Outreach

603-986-0686 office/cell