[HubbardBrook] Can we develop an interactive app with your data?

JP Gannon jpgannon at vt.edu
Tue Nov 30 07:31:48 EST 2021

Hello Everyone!

I am writing to see if anyone is interested in having an interactive
web-app built to help visualize or analyze their data. If you think you
might be interested please read on! It is pretty low-commitment from your
end: you just provide us the data and meet with students a few times during
the semester to help direct the effort and answer questions.

Each year, the Environmental Informatics capstone class at Virginia Tech
tackles data visualization/analysis projects over the course of the spring
semester. Students work with scientists to develop applications that allow
the scientists or the public to more easily visualize, interact with, or
develop models using their data.

We are looking for projects for spring 2022! If you have a dataset that you
would like to make more accessible to others, for teaching, or even just
for your group, or have a related idea, please send me an e-mail at
jpgannon at vt.edu!

You can read more about the 2021 and 2020 projects here
<https://ei.frec.vt.edu/senior-capstone-projects/>. Example apps from past
semesters include using multiple analysis and vizualization strategies to
develop data exploration apps for MELNHE nutrient data and water level data
from wells in watershed 3.  We hope to continue to work on Hubbard Brook
datasets in the coming years with the goal of developing a suite of
applications to visualize and analyze a variety of types of data for use by
scientists, the public, and in educational settings.

Sincerely,

JP

Dr. J.P. Gannon (he/him)
Collegiate Assistant Professor of Environmental Informatics
Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation
Virginia Tech
@jp_gannon <https://twitter.com/jp_gannon>
Personal Website <http://jpgannon.github.io>