[HubbardBrook] Message from the LTER network

Maribeth Rubenstein rubensteinm at caryinstitute.org
Fri Jan 8 14:02:11 EST 2021

Dear Hubbard Brook Community,

Please see below and feel free to pass the message below to anyone new to
the network.  Anyone with some curiosity about how the network evolved and
works is welcome to join.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

We have set the date for LTER Network orientation, please share the
registration information below with your new students, staff, and
investigators or direct them to the website link:
https://lternet.edu/stories/lter-network-orientation/

*LTER Network orientation for new students, staff and investigators
<https://lternet.edu/stories/lter-network-orientation/>*
*Thursday, January 26 at 9 am Pacific Time (Noon Eastern) – 10:30 am
Pacific Time (1:30 Eastern)*

Each year, scores of new students, staff members, and investigators join
the LTER Network. They dive right in to working on their site-based
research, but sometimes don’t discover — until much later — the array of
resources, colleagues, and expertise that the Network offers.

This brief (90-minute) network orientation session serves to introduce new
LTER participants to the breadth of ecosystems and types of research that
the Network encompasses. We’ll also point out ways to stay informed about
network activities; how to find LTER colleagues with similar interests; and
where to look for network-level resources on data management, science
communication, and maintaining a diverse and mutually supportive community.

We’ll talk briefly about how the Network is structured and the role of
network-wide committees in supporting scientific research, information
management, education, and outreach. We’ll also make time to meet a few of
the hundreds of scientists and support personnel who make up this dynamic
scientific enterprise.

Please register in advance for this meeting:
*https://ucsb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0rfuGrqjwsEtEPQckL1rUnC-z3E4DulxYi*
<https://ucsb.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0rfuGrqjwsEtEPQckL1rUnC-z3E4DulxYi>
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting and can add the event to your
calendar.

Thanks,
Marty

----
Marty Downs (she/her)  |  ORCID <https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2833-956X>
Director, LTER Network Office
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis
University of California - Santa Barbara
https://lternet.edu   |   LTER Zotero
<https://www.zotero.org/groups/2055673/lter_network/library>  |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/uslter>

617-833-7930 (m)

*~~I sometimes find it convenient to email on nights and weekends. *
*That doesn't mean I expect you to reply.~~*

Maribeth Rubenstein

Assistant to the Scientific Staff - LTER

she/her

rubensteinm at caryinstitute.org

845-677-7600 ext. 236

Hubbard Brook Ecosystem LTER Study <http://www.hubbardbrook.org/>, Facebook