[HubbardBrook] Jan 7-8 Hubbard Brook Quarterly Meeting: Instructions for lightning talk presenters

Templer, Pamela H ptempler at bu.edu
Mon Jan 4 12:05:26 EST 2021

Dear Hubbard Brook LTER Proposal Renewal Speakers,

Thanks to all of you presenting lightning talks in the “Renewal Proposal” sessions at this week’s Hubbard Brook Quarterly Meeting. We include detailed instructions below. Please be sure to read to the bottom so you understand the flow of the meeting.

  *   Everyone will have only 3.5 minutes to present. To stay on time we’ll be strict about time limits
  *   Presentation Files:  Please upload your file to the Google Folder by Thursday at 9am eastern US time (for Thursday talks) and Friday at 9am (for Friday talks)
  *   Each speaker will share their screens at the time of their talks, but upload your presentation file to the Google Folder so we have a physical back-up of your talk
  *   Use this format in saving your presentation file:
     *   Round #: Last Name
     *   For example: Round 1a_Smith.pptx
     *   Round 1a: Talks on Thur, Jan 7th between 9-10am
     *   Round 1b: Talks on Thur, Jan 7th between 10-11am
     *   Round 2: Talks on Fri, Jasn 8th between 12:30-1:08pm

  *   Place your talk in the appropriate sub-folder of this Google Folder:  Upload Jan 2021 LTER Renewal Lightning Talks<https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1R3toLZ23Km2vCixWSQ7DbvVsxNfN_VWv>

Actual Presentations on Day of the Meetings:

  *   Have your presentation file open and your screen ready to share before the start of your session
  *   Have the Zoom Phone Number and Meeting ID handy in case your internet becomes unsteady.
  *   We can show your slides if needed using your back-up presentation files in the Google Folder, but we need you to be able to connect verbally. If you are unable to connect at the time of your presentation, we won’t be able to return to your presentation later since we have many talks in the schedule.

Please don’t  hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns!

All the best,

Pam Templer and Peter Groffman

Pamela Templer, PhD
Professor, Department of Biology
Director, PhD Program in Biogeoscience
Director, BU URBAN Program

Boston University, Department of Biology
5 Cummington Mall, Boston, MA 02215
617-353-6978
http://people.bu.edu/ptempler/
http://www.bu.edu/bio-geo/