[HubbardBrook] Ash blonding

Matthew P. Ayres Matthew.P.Ayres at dartmouth.edu
Wed Aug 11 13:12:57 EDT 2021

Hi Hubbard Brook,
A number of us met yesterday to look at ash trees in HB and consider the possibility of protecting some replicated groves of ash as part of a long term study. At least to me, it seems feasible and scientifically valuable. Jeff Garnas and I are planning to submit a proposal to the RAC in September. The target would be protecting trees next summer.

It took Bill Davidson, NH Forestry, about 30 seconds after getting out of his truck to spot ash "blonding" (EAB symptoms) at the bottom of Weir Rd. Some photos are enclosed in case you want to see what it looks like. We will be seeing a lot of this in the next years.

Matt

[Image.jpeg]