[HubbardBrook] January COS Meeting Session on 2013-14 Streamwater Nitrate Spike

Mark Green mbg78 at case.edu
Fri Nov 22 13:27:38 EST 2019

Dear colleagues,

At the Jan 7-8 COS meeting, John Campbell and I are hosting a conversation
about the 2013-14 nitrate spike in streamwater leaving the reference
watersheds at Hubbard Brook. The goal of the session will be to explore
different potential causes of this spike (see attached figure from W6). We
have brief talks planned about soil lysimetry (Driscoll), rain-on-snow
events (Rosi/Bernhardt), soil N (Templer/Uribe/Groffman), vegetation
(Cleavitt), hydropedology (Pardo), and modeling (Goodale/Ollinger).

This email is to solicit other brief talks (5-10 min) from those who may
have insights into this event. Please be in touch with John or I by Dec 2
if you are interested in presenting.

Thanks,
Mark

--