[HubbardBrook] Nominations for Hubbard Brook Graduate Student Representative by TODAY

Templer, Pamela H ptempler at bu.edu
Fri Feb 8 09:29:08 EST 2019

Dear Hubbard Brook community,

Here is a friendly reminder to please send nominations by today for our new graduate student rep!

All the best,
Pam

From: Pamela Templer <ptempler at bu.edu>
Date: Friday, January 25, 2019 at 11:44 AM
To: "HubbardBrook at lists.sr.unh.edu" <hubbardbrook at lists.sr.unh.edu>
Subject: Nominations for Hubbard Brook Graduate Student Representative by February 8th

Dear Hubbard Brook Community,

We are soliciting nominations for a new graduate student representative. Our current representative, Ashley Lang, has done an outstanding job. Her 3-year term ends this spring and we thank her for all the work that she’s done. The Scientific Coordinating Committee (SCC) would like to find a new graduate student for this position.

If you have a graduate student that you would like to nominate for this position, please send the following to Pam Templer (ptempler at bu.edu<mailto:ptempler at bu.edu>) by February 8th. Graduate students are also welcome to nominate themselves. Please include the following information about the student in your email nomination:

  *   Name of student
  *   Student email address, year in graduate school, graduate student adviser(s), and expected year of graduation
  *   Brief description of graduate student research at Hubbard Brook

The graduate student representative for Hubbard Brook helps organize graduate students participating in the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study. The 3-year term has the following responsibilities:

  *   Be the person of contact for interaction between Hubbard Brook graduate students and the LTER network and the SCC.
  *   Keep graduate students informed of LTER Network activities related to graduate students.
  *   Attend quarterly Committee of Science (COS) meetings.
  *   Consider leading the graduate students in organizing a science session at a quarterly COS meeting.
  *   Propose other activities as suggested by graduate students and generally advocate for graduate students at Hubbard Brook.
  *   Help plan graduate student activities and attend the All Scientists LTER Meeting (meets every 3 years in fall; next meeting is in 2021)

Please check with the student beforehand to be sure they are willing to serve in this position. Pam will forward the names of the nominees to the SCC who will select a representative.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Pam Templer and John Battles
SCC Co-Chairs

Pamela Templer, PhD
Professor, Department of Biology
Director, PhD Program in Biogeoscience
Director, BU URBAN Program

Boston University, Department of Biology
5 Cummington Mall, Boston, MA 02215
617-353-6978
http://people.bu.edu/ptempler/
http://www.bu.edu/bio-geo/