[HubbardBrook] Seeking M.S. graduate assistant for EPA project on understanding values of water quality improvements in small streams

Shannon Rogers shrogers at mail.plymouth.edu
Mon Nov 30 10:08:23 EST 2015

Dear Hubbard Brook Colleagues,

I'm searching for a great potential M.S. student interested in the socio-economic aspects of social ecological systems to join my research group and work on a new EPA project with me and my collaborators at Dartmouth and UNH. I'd appreciate any help in circulating the ad below.

Plymouth State University’s (PSU) Center for the Environment (CFE) and the Masters of Science Program in Environmental Science & Policy seeks applicants for a unique and exciting graduate research assistant (GRA) position focused on understanding non-use values of water quality improvements in small streams for an anticipated EPA project.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with collaborators from Dartmouth College, UNH, and regional and State partners to better understand how non-use values can be assessed and integrated into decision making in the Great Bay Watershed of New Hampshire and Maine. Great Bay is one of only 28 estuaries of National Significance and is facing impairment challenges in both the Estuary and its watershed.

Students with environmental science & policy, economics, and social science research backgrounds and interests are encouraged to apply. Previous experience interacting with stakeholders through interviews and/or focus groups is highly valuable as well as coursework and/or a strong interest in ecological/environmental economics. Priority will be given to applications completed and received by Jan. 30, 2016. All GRAs are for students accepted into the MS program in Environmental Science and Policy (ES&P) and provide an excellent opportunity to work with a broader cohort of students and their mentors. Application requirements for the MS in ES&P are available on the ES&P Department website.

PSU is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender or religious preference. In addition, the project leaders have a strong commitment to enhancing research opportunities for under-served groups and we encourage individuals belonging to any perceived minority group to apply.

CFE facilitates interdisciplinary environmental research, education, and public engagement in the northern New England region. CFE engages in research and education in support of graduate student research and in meeting the needs of regional partners, such as the White Mountain National Forest, Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, Squam Lakes Association, NH Department of Environmental Services, and other environmental organizations. The PSU campus and the surrounding Lakes and White Mountains regions provide excellent facilities and an outstanding natural research laboratory.

Please contact Dr. Shannon Rogers for more information about the position and the application process: shrogers at plymouth.edu

--
Shannon H. Rogers, Ph.D
Assistant Professor/Ecological Economist
shrogers at plymouth.edu
603-535-2216

http://srogers04.wix.com/drshannonrogers