[HubbardBrook] April 7 COS meeting RSVP and Agenda

Ruth D Yanai rdyanai at syr.edu
Mon Mar 30 23:53:12 EDT 2015

Nat Cleavitt
Nick Rodenhouse
Paul Schaberg
Peter Groffman
Ruth Yanai
Scott Bailey
Wendy Leuenberger
Yang Yang

The attached agenda has additional detail for the COS Business portion of the meeting.

I look forward to seeing many of you next Tuesday.

x Ruth

On Mar 21, 2015, at 11:03 AM, Ruth D Yanai <rdyanai at syr.edu<mailto:rdyanai at syr.edu>> wrote:

COS Meeting Theme: Happy Birthday W5!

In celebration of the 31st birthday of the W5 Experiment, the April COS meeting
will include a W5 retrospective. The goal is to both review what we have learned the
past 3 decades and plan for the future. One of the most important results
from the experiment is that the ecosystem responses of W5 to commercial whole-tree
harvest were NOT what the theories predicted.

In terms of COS business, we will discuss Hubbard Brook’s "greatest hits" in an
exercise supporting the drafting of the LTER proposal, the allocation of the LTER
equipment supplement, and changes to the format of the annual cooperators meeting.
A detailed agenda will follow.

RSVP: Please RSVP using this link (http://goo.gl/forms/8Vo7jTkACv) so we can plan
on space, meals, and refreshments.

Housing: If you need housing at the Cary Institute,  fill out and submit  the housing
request form at http://www.caryintranet.org/content/housing-request .  On this form, where
it asks for  “Host,”  enter “Gary Lovett”.  For housing questions, please contact the
Cary housing coordinator, Claudia Rosen, at rosenc at caryinstitute.org<mailto:rosenc at caryinstitute.org>.

To contribute to the W5 Workshop, contact John Battles <jbattles at berkeley.edu<mailto:jbattles at berkeley.edu>>

Ruth D. Yanai,   Chair of the HB Scientific Coordinating Committee
rdyanai at syr.edu<mailto:rdyanai at syr.edu>