[HubbardBrook] Minor revision to January COS agenda

John BATTLES jbattles at berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 10 13:32:28 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We have made a revision to our mini-workshop of how science at Hubbard
Brook can inform management (see attached)

Specifically, we have made time for Tony D'Amato on the Tuesday afternoon
agenda. Tony is an associate professor of applied forest ecology at UVM and
the local lead for the USFS Northern Region's initiative on Adaptive
Silviculture for Climate Change (ASCC). He will provide an overview of this
project.

The ASCC project (see FAQ sheet) presents the potential for a large scale
manipulation/experiment in Hubbard Brook Valley with all the attendant
possibilities and pitfalls. The plans are developed enough where the
Hubbard Brook COS needs to consider seriously the merits of the proposal.
Tony's  presentation and subsequent discussion provides a starting point.

Regards,

John (for the SCC)

--
John J. Battles