[HubbardBrook] hotgun foliage sampling at Hubbard Brook today and tomorrow

Natalie Laura Cleavitt nlc4 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 12 07:34:32 EDT 2015

Hello all,

Yet more shots will ring out in the name of science today.  Sampling locations known to me are W1 and MELNHE plots near W101.

Tomorrow we will shoot the west of W6 samples as phenology is progressing and Ian is away on fire detail (usually he climbs to prune these leaves down).

Let me know if you have any special concerns or questions about these samples, which are being done to maintain the long term canopy foliage record, but also particularly in response to Charlie Driscoll's lysimeter N mystery presented at the meetings in July.

nat

Research Associate
Dept. Natural Resources
Cornell University