[Ect_cois] RBSP-ECT Pending Publications

Reeves, Geoffrey D reeves at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 10 14:42:47 EDT 2013

On the ECT_CoIs telecon today we took a survey of publications. I thought I should share that with this group in case you weren't on the telecon and/or would like a list. Please let me know if there are updates to the status, authors, title, etc. Please also let me know if there are any studies that have really gotten to the "In Preparation" stage that I have missed.

cheers
Geoff

Papers in Press and submitted papers appear on the ECT publications page
http://www.rbsp-ect.lanl.gov/publications/Publications_Journals.php

Papers in Press

Reeves, G. D., H. E. Spence, M. G. Henderson, R. H. W. Friedel, H. O. Funsten, D. N. Baker, S. G. Kanekal, J. B. Blake, J. F. Fennell, S. G. Claudepierre, R. M. Thorne, D. L. Turner, C. A. Kletzing, W. S. Kurth, B. A. Larsen, J. T. Niehof, and S. K. Morley (2013), Electron Acceleration in the Heart of the Van Allen Radiation Belts, Science, in press.

Thorne, R. M., W. Li, B. Ni, Q. Ma, J. Bortnik, D. N. Baker, H. E. Spence, G. D. Reeves, M. G. Henderson, C. A. Kletzing, W. S. Kurth, G. B. Hospodarsky, D. L. Turner, and V. Angelopoulos (2013), Evolution and slow decay of an unusual isolated ring of relativistic electrons near L~3.2 following the September 2012 magnetic storm, Geophys. Res. Lett., in press.

Submitted

Morley, S. K., M. G. Henderson, R. H. W. Friedel, G. D. Reeves, D. N. Baker, S. G. Kanekal, and C. A. Kletzing (2013), Testing global magnetic field models using phase space density mapping from the Van Allen Probes,Geophys. Res. Lett, submitted.

Mann, I. R., E. A. Lee, S. G. Claudepierre, J. Fennell, A. W. Degeling, I. J. Rae, D. N. Baker, G. D. Reeves, H. E. Spence, L. G. Ozeke, R. Rankin, D. K. Milling, A. Kale, and Honary (2013), The Earth's Van Allen Radiation Belts: A Geophysical Synchrotron, Nature Communications, submitted.

Dai, L., K. Takahashi, J. R. Wygant, J. Bonnell, C. A. Cattell, S. A. Thaller, C. A. Kletzing, D. N. Baker, J. B. Blake, J. F. Fennell, S. G. Claudepierre, H. O. Funsten, G. D. Reeves, and H. E. Spence (2013), Excitation of polodial standing Alfven waves through the drift resonante wave-particle interaction, Geophys. Res. Lett., submitted.

Li, W., R. M Thorne, J. Bortnik, G. D. Reeves, C. A. Kletzing, W. S. Kurth, G. B. Hospodarsky, H. E. Spence, J. B. Blake, J. F. Fennell, S. G. Claudepierre, J. Wygant, and S. A. Thaller (2013), An unusual enhancement of low-frequency plasmaspheric hiss in the outer plasmasphere associated with substorm injected electrons, Geophys. Res. Lett., submitted.

In addition I know of the following papers that are in draft but have not yet been submitted. These do not appear on the web site and should not be shared beyond the ECT Co-Investigtor team.

Draft Papers to be Submitted

Claudepierre, S. G., I. R. Mann, K. Takahashi, J. F. Fennell, M. K. Hudson, J. B. Blake, J. L. Roeder, J. H. Clemmons, H. E. Spence, G. D. Reeves, D. N. Baker, H. O. Funsten, R. H. W. Friedel, M. G. Henderson, C. A. Kletzing, W. S. Kurth, and J. R. Wygant (2013),
Van Allen Probes observation of drift-resonance between poloidal mode ultra-low frequency waves and 60 keV electrons, Geophys. Res. Lett.

Papers in Preparation

Hudson, M. K., and others (2013),
simulated losses to the magnetopause during the 'first forty days',

Paral J. and others (2013)
simulations of REP precipitation for Jan 17, 2013

Kress, B., and others (2013),
simulated plasmasheet electron injection into the inner magnetosphere October 8,

Turner, D. L., and others (2013),
Quantifying the effective ranges of the outer radiation belt dropout during the 30 September 2012 event,

Huang, C.-L., and others (2013),
magnetopause shadowing,

Geoff Reeves
Space Science and Applications Group